Skip to main content

The Beautiful Exhale of Release

Release is a word used too flippantly and I don't think it gets enough credit as being sacred. I have previously thought of it as an armful of stuff you suddenly drop, and then simply carry on as you were. Or something that strips from you like skin after a sunburn- painful and slightly annoying. I have since learned that release can be slow, gradual, intermittent, with or without your permission, and most importantly, sacred.

Release happens when it's time. Divine timing can be a mysterious process of phases and seasons in life that ebb and flow like the ocean tides. If you are plugged into yourself, or in flow, you may have a sense of when you are in a stage of release. It can feel either abrupt, or ease-filled, and there are many things you can do to aid the process, or resist it. Release is nothing to be ashamed of. It's not meant to be seen as your life is "hard" or that punishment or karma is being repaid. Release is beautiful. It's a necessary cleansing process meant to bring about new space, opportunity, growth and blessings. Without clearing out an old house, you cannot renovate it or bring new furniture in. Therefore, release is best met with flow, patience and quiet reflection.

Release takes many forms and it's wise to recognize the unique ways you embody it. Some folks may notice external shifts such as life events that trigger an emotional or mental restructuring. Examples of this can be getting fired from a job, a relationship ending, a house flood, or some other situation impacting you seemingly beyond your control. Another form of release is physical. People can release energetic patterns, toxins, thoughts and emotions through their physical body with illness. Physical release is necessary and happens episodically in order for the body to remain pure. If emotional, mental or physical release isn't allowed, then is accumulates in the form of disease in the body and/or in louder more dramatic external events. Therefore, it is prudent to take heart of the murmurings of what is happening around you, and within you, so you can flow best with the releasing process. Of course, your karma and ancestral influences impact areas of strength, weakness, and type of release, so knowing the patterns that you are woven into as well, are key. For example, if you happen to have heart related issues in your family line, or a past life history of financial difficulty, those areas may be connected to how you tend to release.

When I was a group therapist, I used to facilitate a group session on the wisdom of trees. Winter was the quiet, vulnerable contemplate stage, spring was for trying on new shoes, habits and dreams, summer was active, vibrant and a bold showing off of abundance, and fall was personal inventory and release. Trees have a way of working with the rhythms's and cycles of life without resistance. They willingly and bravely let go and also welcome anew, again and again. Trees grow continuously because they can release their leaves and embrace self preservation above all. If you cut a branch off, another one sprouts in new direction. They bend with flexibility in the changing winds. In Florida where I live, I've watched the sturdiest of trees bend in an elegant arc during the mightiest of hurricanes in order to survive. Threes courageously welcome the seasons of life. They are masters at flow. Humans have much to learn from them.

To embrace release wholeheartedly, here are 3 things you can try on: Try not to get muddled with the "why" too early. Give yourself space to just allow, and in turn, the why, or the lesson, will surface naturally. Get comfortable with discomfort. Release can be very uncomfortable, even emotionally draining or painful. Avoidance or numbing is the opposite of what you should be doing. This is a rich time for you to be tuning in, not tuning away. Give into silence. Quiet reflection and connection to deeper aspects of oneself, are valuable opportunities during hectic life moments because this is where you really learn who you are, and what your life path is telling you. Do not be afraid of what you find. It's been waiting for you to see it.

You are a beautiful divine soul and I promise you, everything that is happening, is happening because it is meant for you. If we were to embrace the ease of flow, like trees do, we might even begin to manifest release in gentler ways. This process starts with self permission. Humans have a way with rigidity and control that work against the universal momentum of a soul's natural evolution. I should know. I am often "forced" into contemplation until I exhale surrender with the sweetest, most grateful of sounds. Anything I do that presents as resistance against myself, will generate more opportunity for release. The single most powerful choice I can make is giving in. My wish for you, is the same rich decision.

I am offering infinite blessings your way. You can learn abundantly more about your own releasing patterns by consulting the Akashic Record. If you feel inspired to explore this, reach out to me here to schedule an appointment.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and