Skip to main content

I know you are but what am I?...The Karma of Judgment


I've been becoming aware of a lot of resistance energy in the collective consciousness. By resistance, I refer to separation and judgment. You may notice it in intimate partnerships such as with your significant other or in your family, in businesses or groups, or in the present political environment. It manifests itself as comparison and competition and in some extreme ways it shows up as power and control with others. Theodore Roosevelt says "comparison is the thief of joy." Indeed we rob ourselves of the opportunity and blessing of contentment by pushing up against others but what does spirit have to say about this issue? What are the soul-level connections? Most importantly, how can we work to transform this trend? I must admit prematurely, this blog may trigger you. If it does, accept it and dive into that feeling in yourself... see what is there.

Karma baby. Karma is simply the energetic unresolved manifested situations, people, feelings and behaviors that need re-balancing from previous incarnations. We actually choose these situations for ourselves and most often they are rooted in attachments. That's right, we humans aren't very good at letting go so we revisit issues again to soften, harmonize and heal them. It feels like electricity. Karma can be energized in either a positive or negative way. Once in it, karma can feel either dynamic and highly triggering, or like molasses. When slow-moving and heavy, we may feel stuck and confused not knowing what to do. This intense unfamiliarity often means you are at the precipice of a new possible path that you just don't have an answer for. Being in this place is a true gift. It offers the temptation of doing what we always did, or facing fear and uncertainty and trying something different. As is the case with many of our triggering life situations, ongoing judgment is likely rooted in karmic lessons. However, to know something is karmic is totally half the battle.

"How someone treats you is their karma, but how you respond to it, is yours." This is what I have heard from spirit in my channeling workThis is a whammy of a realization if you truly sit with what this means. Often, we have an immediate response to comments or behaviors by others that trigger us. If we were to take a moment to sit with what we were feeling before reacting so quickly, we might discover deep seated connections to sensitivities unresolved in our own soul that in turn, cause us to have a visceral reaction. If we do not reflect and acknowledge our own stuff, then we will continue to manifest people and situations that trigger us in the same way. Clients tell me all the time about how they can relate to this. For example, the same type of relationship repeating itself over and over. Why, because the point of this life is not to be a victim of our circumstances, it is to be a powerful transformer of our karmic challenges. And yes, that means looking at yourself, and learning something new. It doesn't mean that you weren't hurt, or that it's your fault completely, it just means that there's something in it for you to learn. Seek it out and learn it loved ones. Learn it and be lighter.

If you are thinking it, you are behaving it. For those who think they can keep their negative thoughts about self and others hidden, it's just not possible. There is no way that you can compartmentalize aspects of yourself and show some, and not others, to the world. This may be possible on a short-term basis, but your true self will pop out of you eventually. Especially in times of stress when your control and defenses are down. Therefore, take a mental inventory of the judgments and biases that you have presently rolling around in your mind. Get to know them. Say hello and ask them what they are here to teach you. Otherwise, you are likely to be acting on those thoughts in ways you are not proud of later.

Stop, drop, and think before reacting. A great example I give to clients here is this: if someone came over to me and yelled that I have purple hair. I might laugh, gently disagree, and then move about my day without thinking of it again, and certainly without raising an energetic hair on my neck. However, if someone were to approach me and say that I'm selfish, I would have an immediate stomach sense and bubbling defense involving sharp and protective words. This would happen automatically. Why? It happens because I have a certain relationship with selfishness, a history of pain and shame, and I am not quite settled with it. This reality, having totally to do with me, 100% impacts my reaction to others' behavior. If I am to transform this issue my goal should not be to "correct" others, convince them of my selflessness, or judge or blame them. My task is to explore my unhealed thoughts and feelings around selfishness. Once I do this, I shall be free of the mental and emotional prison that lives in me and becomes activated by others' behavior.

Be invincible my friend. The best way to achieve a happy state of neutrality and invincibility is to engage in a consistent and kind practice of self-care and love. Much can be said here on how to do this because there are ways to do change work that are far more effective than others. Firstly, be okay with being imperfect. My goodness, be okay with it! You are still whole, worthy and complete in your imperfection. No one is perfect, no one, and not you, not ever. So start with the knowingness of this, and give yourself permission to be okay with the process of being human. One way people do change work that can actually harm them is to "fight" themselves. That is to say, shame themselves into change. How can you expect to evolve and improve by kicking yourself in a ring when you're down. "Get up, you suck, gotta be better." How about "I love you, and I want to help you feel loved by me, so what should we work on in order to feel that?" Engage in the process of change and reflection like you engage in the renovation of your house. Go through it methodically, mindfully, slowly, with planning and help from others. Do the jobs you know how to do yourself and get professional help from others you know you have no clue how to do. Keep some things, repair others and completely overhaul those really unhealthy patterns. No shame, just kindness, and planning and time. If your house deserves this kind of attention, certainly you do as well.

Unhealthy attachment to warrior energy. I saw a woman wearing a shirt the other day that said "Don't pray for an easy life. Pray for a difficult life lived with strength." I must say I cringed. Shall we all pray for a difficult life? Is that really what we want? Is our claim to worthiness, value and accomplishment about overcoming something, succeeding, or achieving? This puts a dangerous precedent into place... that we are only worthy when we do good and when we overcome adversity. This, from spirit's view, couldn't be more wrong. They say that our job is to come home to our worthiness despite our challenges and mistakes- adversity or not. They say that our worthiness has nothing to do with what we do, and everything to do with how kind we are to ourselves. These perceived inadequacies do not define or shape us, they merely teach us. We honor them, we welcome them, we dialogue with them, and we move on. That is it. I have seen some folks wear their pain like a badge of honor or force themselves to change like a drill sergeant. I refer to this attachment to suffering as excessive warrior energy. It often manifests as a result of victimization unacknowledged and unhealed. Can you relate to this? I used to and it crushed me. It crushed me because it's never enough. I could tell a 1000 stories of cool, physical, intellectual and emotional things I overcame and accomplished and not one of them gave me the peace and serenity in myself I was looking for. Those good feelings only came with letting go of perfectionism and accepting myself a I am. The sensation of loving oneself is not derived from the external world. Validation is nice, yes, but it is short-lived. You can never do enough to be satisfied. The target moves to another height. It also drives extreme perfectionism and competition. You don't like yourself because you believe you need to be or do something to be "better" and in turn you torture yourself and develop a nasty habit of comparison and judgement. This creates a perpetual unhappy state. Not fun, not spiritual, and totally not helpful to your soul's evolution.

All things in balance. I have mentioned often to clients that the goal of achieving neutrality in situations of rich karmic attachment is ideal. If the things mentioned thus far in this blog create strong reactions in you, oh boy, then it's a good opportunity to ask your inner self why. Once again, it may relate to attachments we have about safety, worthiness and identity but only deep self reflection can link you to the root. In balance, we are so much more peaceful because we are not swaying like the trees to the external world around us and then blaming the wind for it. Are you judging yourself right now for swaying to the external forces around you? That's just more perfection and judgment. It's better to just be okay with it all. Relax, take a deep breath and say "I'm perfectly imperfect and I'm willing and ready to take my power back." All things in balance, and all things in neutrality.

There's a better way to heal the world. Collective competition is just all over the place right now. My sense about this is that in the face of hate and separation energy we can embody the most positive and healing stance by demonstrating our joy and love energy instead. Once again, fighting it, pushing it, hiding it, or shaming it does not elevate the vibration at all. It actually mirrors it. We are no better in the world if we give back the separation and competitive energy coming at us. This is to say on an individual level and on a societal level. Making a difference means starting with yourself in treating yourself kindly, and then going out on a vulnerable limb and treating another kindly. If we want to be super bold, we can connect with someone we disagree with and build a bridge of understanding. Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhist monk, says that "understanding is another name for love." By understanding we teach most what needs to be learned through modeling. Modeling is a doing and acting form of change. When we act as if, we demonstrate the love energy through our action. Action energy is powerful, collective action energy is even more powerful. Therefore, if you really want to leave your mark in today's rich intense time, join forces with others, celebrate them, practice kindness, and think warm and loving thoughts.

It's takes patience and a flashlight. The journey of  practicing greater self ease takes practice. I recommend for those on this path to proceed with gentleness and warmth. We really can't work through our karmic stuff without a kind heart and open mind. If you too are feeling heavy or affected by the intensity of the times and want to explore how your karmic stuff is showing up, tune into what patterns are present for you. You can also go deeper by exploring your karmic history and have your Akashic Records read. Sessions can be booked directly through my website, Rasa Healing, and I offer virtual and face to face options.

As a send off, here is a magnificent quote by Ram Dass and his thoughts on judgment, comparison and competition:

“When you go out into the woods, and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You are too this, or I’m too this.’ That judgment mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.”
 ~ Ram Dass



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on