Skip to main content

Authenticity: Fearlessness in the Showing

Firstly, apologies for the length of time between this post and my last. I am in the midst of change and allowing the wind to blow me to new places. I am not yet skillful enough to balance shifts immediately. It takes me some time to adjust to homeostasis again and I'm not so sure I am at ease more than I'm attempting to be steady in a rocking boat. I know this to be true because I'm meditating more, turning to spirit for answers more often these days and eating more chocolate cake. I have been moved to a more demanding new program in my company and I'm gearing up to move my home at the end of this month. I feel like I'm in a snow globe. Thank you for your patience. I have not forgotten the blog and its sacred purpose.

I was flipping through "The Book of Secrets" by Deepok Chopra and was incredibly inspired by the concept of being fully authentic in oneself. For me, this has always been somewhat of a healthy challenge. I strive to allow the light to shine from within but also find myself sensitive to the outer world....am I too bold or brash? When I think of true authenticity, I believe the fullest expression of it means honesty without resistance and complete transparency. Openness and willingness to be seen and fearlessness in the showing...emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Many of us conceal the deeper parts of ourselves, hide the shadows and prefer to reflect unto the world an "expected" view of ourselves. Many of us also adapt our masks to the situation and people around us, making it incredibly difficult for us to not only embrace who we really are let alone muster the courage to allow it to be revealed. Identity is a powerful exploration of the soul and I believe the process involves a lot more allowing than it does developing. Who we really are needs to be free from any confines or restrictions based on our own perception of it's acceptableness. I have found that when I am truly in my own self, portraying my divine light, that I am so much more comfortable than when I'm in assessment mode, tyring to figure out how to be and act appropriately based on my environment. I have been tested with this lesson a million times in this life alone. You would think I would get it already. I have counted and blessed all the "teachers" I have come upon who have scolded me greatly, for they have triggered the awesome question: "Why do I doubt myself?"

In my exploration of identity over the years, I have often slid along the continuum from over the top excessive to meekly withdrawn. Although most who know me would probably say I am not meek. Perhaps it can be helpful to others if I reveal that I have felt insecure and terrified many times in my life. How I have coped with it however, has been interesting. There have been times I would walk outside with 7 ponytails in my hair and with as much ill matching clothes and scarves as possible. I would only talk about my spiritual philosophies and scoff at anyone disagreeing. I felt great, but I didn't feel understood by others or in harmony with myself. I felt defiant and happy about it. There have been other times when I have heard oppressive words from another that I trust and then would alter my behavior to adjust, to be "better" to be more "in line" with society's perceptions. I would feel insecure and lost. Either side of this fence has not been pleasant, but censoring myself has almost always been more damaging. When we shame or hide ourselves in any way, it reduces self confidence. It's like a subconscious message that who we are, is not okay. This is very dangerous. I have learned in the last 5 years the only way to live is to practice getting comfortable in my own self and getting out of the way to allow myself to be free. In a delicate balance of not censoring myself but respecting the world I live in and the people around me, I have allowed my soul to be itself. This has meant clumsily skipping along in life and occasionally falling down, but it has felt so wonderful to be an explorer. I have shaved my head, left significant relationships, been drawn to the metaphysical, have allowed evolution to take me with faith, have poured trust into people, have danced in fields, and traveled to study taboo things. I have learned temperance and skillfullness and such faith in the path of my life. I have learned to let my grip go on what I "should" be and instead accept the journey of discovering it. I have made many mistakes, but they are not me, and I have only soaked in the lessons, which I am so grateful for. I have practiced the concept that who we are is the same for everyone: We are perfect, divine, whole and worthy. Nothing, no one, or any experience can alter this truth. We can only allow others, or in most cases ourselves, to convince us otherwise. The personality expression, gifts, challenges, behaviors and relationships we experience are the joys and richness of the soul.....but they are not who we are. Authentic identity expression means remembering we are perfect, divine, whole and worthy and then allowing the rest of us to just be.

This blog is a challenge for reckless abandon, well maybe not so reckless. Perhaps "mindful abandon" (contradictory?) to uncover and discover your true soul identity. Be okay with mistakes, exercise the courage to practice and let yourself out of the box. When we all shine our lights, we all stand in our power, and nothing is more beautiful. Wishing you this gift in this lifetime my friends.

"Follow the flow of awareness.
Don't resist what is happening inside.
Open yourself to the unknown.
Don't censor or deny what you feel.
Reach beyond yourself.
Be genuine, speak your truth.
Let the center be your home."

"Knowing that you can't be what someone else wants you to be, no matter how much you love the other person.
Knowing that you love, even when it's scary to say so.
Knowing that someone else's fight isn't yours.
Knowing that you are better than what you appear to be.
Knowing that you will survive.
Knowing that you have to go your own way, no matter what the cost."

May these lessons and teachings from "The Book of Secrets" inspire you to love the knowing within you and practice authenticity in your daily living.

Jai!


Comments

  1. Love it....like your blog a lot ... the ever insightful word that show me to reach within and speak from my soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meassge Candice!! You truly are an amazing person, I hope you never try to fit into society's mold. You're such a unique soul and the world would not be the same without you.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a message....How do you connect with this entry?

Popular posts from this blog

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f