Skip to main content

Surrender is not Sloth

Recently in the Akasha, the guidance of surrender has been prevalent. I notice that when I utter the phrase "you are being asked by your guides to embrace the energy of surrender" a look of shock or anger gets reflected back at me.

Gratefully, the Akashic Record teachers, specifically the Karmic Board, have given me a boost to address the reactions of clients that can't quite see how surrendering in a busy, conflictual, high urgency, fast moving world is a solution to their sense of overwhelm. I hear "but Candice, how do I accomplish all of these tasks, the clock is ticking on this decision. If I sit idle, things get worse." Still yet others who are in an active state of tug of war with family, relationships, businesses, and legal matters can't wrap their head around surrender either when it arises in the Akasha. I hear "I'm fighting for what's right, if I let go and give up someone will get hurt, or I'll lose money, be lost, or lose a relationship."

My response: Surrender is not sloth. (Thank you Akasha)

Sloth is one of the Buddhist five hindrances of the mind. A hindrance of the mind is a way in which we avoid ourselves and refuse what is. Sloth is connected to total usurpation of engagement and its own kind of hustle. If you engage in sloth it will look and feel like disconnect, shutting down, indifference, flatness, resistance, tiredness, deflation, giving up/giving in, drained vitality, little to no effort, dull, weary, weak, checked out, and sleepy. Sloth is one of those "cool" things people do when the emotional imprint they are experiencing is too much for them to bear and process. It's a jump off the train of reality, and intensity. This is not in fact cool- it's called avoidance of what is. It may look and sound like this:

"I'm above that person's projections and feelings."
"I just feel flat when that person expresses hurt to me"
"I'm too busy to deal with these emotions right now."
"I give up on this situation or person."
"I'm going to sleep/ shut-down instead of deal with this."
"The f*ck its."

To be clear sloth is inactive and devoid of energy. The energy is actually drawn away from the situation completely. Surrender is VERY different. Surrender is an embodiment of energy, an active choice of saying "yes" to what is and a wholehearted investigation and application of that engagement in the "yes" to what is. When we surrender, we are choosing flow, fluidity, trust, faith, natural laws, others' presentations and emotions, and our own reactions to them. Surrender is so darn active that it pains me to hear how often we chalk it up to sloth. Surrender requires emotional intelligence and courage to see the writing on the wall and know when to fold em, hold em, walk away and run. Surrender is a wise women's practice because it is so intentionally active and conscious. Surrender is an embodiment- wholehearted.

In application you might practice surrender in a job that's not serving you- and quit. You might choose to rest mindfully if your body requires surrendering due to being pushed too far. You might surrender to a feeling of shame within yourself and give space to that feeling to be expressed and transformed. You might surrender to angry or painful words of a loved one who's needing your engaged connection and accountability for how you've hurt him/her. Surrender is magical and courageous and necessary for engagement in this life. Surrender births clarity and peace because we are tuned in deeply to our needs.

I invite you to practice the grace of surrender and examine your position in relationship to that very clear line of sloth- ensuring you are staying where the engagement and accountability are. Anything avoided from a karmic and energetic perspective will boomerang back to you faster than you can imagine. Let's not attract that yeah? Let's wear t-shirts that say "Surrender is not sloth" or "Surrender is freedom" or "Surrendering is power" All are true.

If you want to learn more about my work in the world, join my weekly newsletter to receive an Akashic mantra and practice every week. Link to my website here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f