Skip to main content

How to Master Negative Energy from People- Part 1 of 2

"Negative" energy can mean many things... Some examples may be how others' treat you through words or action, systemic or environmental events that you perceive harm you, or supernatural interference such as lower vibrational spirit energy, or karma coming your way. Welcome to a 2 part blog series on navigating these very common "negative" experiences. This first one is about coping with other humans, something tells me now is a good time to talk about that.

I would suggest you may be in disharmony with others' negative projections if you find yourself with some of these symptoms: fatigue, disgust, anger, racing thoughts, desire to prove or punish, fearful and protective of others perceived power over you, lingering or nagging emotion after another's bad behavior, lashing out dramatically, or running away and cutting people off impulsively. Sound familiar?
In the Akashic Record, guides and teachers have much to say about how we might show up curiously with negativity in a way that meets the following criteria: engages from the highest possible place, while taking responsibility for our own karmic trigger point, without ignorance and avoidance, and yet not fueling the negativity by reacting to others' projections. Sound impossible? Want to know what inner resources you need to do this work? I would say it takes a checked ego, open heartcourage, and skillfulness to be a negativity transformer. I would say it's a daily practice and one heck of a super power.

Do you want to practice this? Or would you rather be angry? I once realized in a job I had that I had become quite a good advocate for the needs of staff and clients and as such, I realized the consistent elevation of frustration rising in me due to having to call forward my inner advocate often. That energy, while pleasing to my ego and mind, felt energetically draining, harsh, and I felt righteous and disgruntled more times than not. I soon realized that there are many ways to catch flies and that doing so with honey, was not only sweeter and easier, but more easeful for my soul. I changed my life drastically at that point, left my very secure prominent career, and chose a path of higher vibration where love was the weapon, and compassion the medicine, to myself and others I was in disharmony with.

If you are willing to take similar action towards greater invincibility, which is genuine acceptance of what is, while also being a leader of change and light in the world, then I invite you to consider this practice. I see this work as guidance points to which we can adhere to, return to, and trust as the way of happiness. Thich Nhat Hanh says "Nothing can heal anger except compassion." I agree. And yet it's still difficult to offer love to someone throwing rocks at you. You are human and you feel it.

Here are some ninja tips for mastering this concept if you feel courageously ready to take the leap:
  • Breathe consciously: Pause long...... contemplating first and foremost, "what's in this for me to learn? and why am I triggered here?" before taking ANY action.
  • Then ask good questions: What would motivate me to act in this situation? Am I seeking to please my ego, or to connect and demonstrate compassion to another?
  • Open your heart: Avoidance, distraction, and ignorance are not on the enlightened path. When you have a closed heart to what's going on in you and in others, you cut yourself off from evolutionary growth. Ignoring things isn't a high road, it's an off road.
  • Build empathy: Really cultivate, nurture, and imagine in your expanding heart what the other person might be experiencing. Feel it. Realize that what you give back to a person either neutralizes the energy, or fuels it. If you give back anger, you create double of that. If you give love and compassion, you slay negativity with ease. 
  • Respond with love: Act and speak with certainty in a way that demonstrates understanding as a bridge, even if you dramatically disagree. Do this because you realize a person's belief is not their identity. Most folks act from their pain body or fear, and as such, they project that onto you. Realize what they offer you are broken pieces of themselves, which is an illusion, which is pain and suffering. 
  • Choose to see beyond: Make a conscious choice to see the highest possible good in a person while being wise with your boundaries with lower vibration souls. Blame them not, yet do not hold them to standards they are incapable of rising to.
  • Release attachment to outcome: Yep, let it sail away from you on the shoreline like a lover you kiss goodbye. You cannot control what happens once you release your loving words or actions. Remind yourself, you are not here to force people to agree with you, you are here to connect and love both people, and yourself. 
Consider these words from the Buddha:

"When an evil-doer, seeing you practice goodness, comes and maliciously insults you, you should patiently endure it and not feel angry with him. For the evil-doer is insulting himself by trying to insult you. 

Once a man came unto me and denounced me on account of my observing the way  and practicing great loving kindness. But I kept silent and did not answer him. The denunciation ceased. 

I then asked him, "If you bring a present to your neighbor and he accepts it not, does the present come back to you?" The man replied, "it will," I said, "You denounce me now but as I accept it not, you must take the wrong deed back upon your own person. It is like an echo succeeding sound, it is like shadow following object. You never escape the effect of your own evil deeds. Be therefore mindful and cease from doing evil."

In essence, what a person sows, she reaps. Be mindful of the energy you put out there. You are responsible for both healing yourself and for the energy you give to the collective consciousness. Be tidy. Be loving. 

 What have I not answered? Can I help you feel clearer or stronger in your power of light and love in dealing with negative energy and people? Tell me about it. I can be reached in many forms through my social media outlets Facebook, Instagram and via email and phone. If you feel called to connect deeper to your own soul lessons you can set up an appointment to open your own Akashic Records here.

*Offering gratitude to my spiritual guides, and especially Buddhist teachers, in my Akashic Record helping me to translate this content to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f