Skip to main content

Present-Focused Joyfulness!

During this season I always attempt to lean into the beauty of intentional action and reflection. While collective and community spirit is abound, there's no lack of information and support out there for anxiety reduction, gift-giving, cooking, and gratitude cultivation (and the list goes on) This post is about the one thing you need in order to maximize and fully drink in the power of connection: present-mindedness.

I offer you guidance in how to really dig into the magnificence around you, so that every moment you encounter can be wholly received. Often, we are passengers to our own lives just hurrying through with a task list. This is no way to live joyfully, rather, we live to accomplish versus living for the joy of living. It's not about doing, it's about being. Consider this quote, "If I chase it, I separate into the chaser and the chased. If I am it, I am it and nothing else." -John Lilly.

Whatever this holiday season brings you, allow it to be fully experienced in the present-moment- the only place where we have absolute freedom and liberation. Thich Nhat Hanh says: "Without thinking or talking, there is no obstacle to get in the way of enjoyment of the present moment." What might you want to set aside now, in order to be fully here to receive joy?

Consider these ways to dive into your special free place in this very moment:

  • Think, "I say yes to this moment, my soul has chosen it."
  • Question, "How can I surrender even more to this moment?"
  • Use all of your 5 senses at the same time.
  • Observe magic in the wind, the trees and animals.
  • Close your eyes and sense your own heart beating.
  • Really look deeply into the eyes of another when they talk.
  • Feel your breath filling a full, expansive, free belly.
  • Sense warmth and openness in your heart, consciously open it with thought and visualization. 
  • Love, I mean really love, other people in the moment with everything you've got. 
Joyfulness is never an "if only" or "when I get here" thing. Joyfulness is not a destination, it is a cultivated lifestyle despite external circumstances. Joyfulness is abundant, available and free. Is it not out of your reach at all. If it feels like it is, call it back to you with focus, using the steps above and with determination that this life is meant for joy. You and only you has the power to make that happen. "This is the time. This is the place. This is the vastness. Right here is paradise. Always. Always." -Byron Katie. 

With love, Candice








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Take on Resistance to the Negative Vibe- Part 2 of 2

In the last blog we talked about how to work with others while in charged relationships, the value of doing the work, and why it's useful to a harmonious lifestyle. In this article, I'll go over how to navigate negativity stemming from community systems. But first, let's recap on what it means to cope with energetic resistance. Consider this from the first blog in this series:  How to Master Negative Energy in People: Part 1 of 2 : In the Akashic Record, guides and teachers have much to say about how we might show up curiously with negativity in a way that meets the following criteria:  engages from the highest possible place, while taking responsibility for our own karmic trigger point, without ignorance and avoidance, and yet not fueling the negativity by reacting to others' projections . Sound impossible? Want to know what inner resources you need to do this work? I would say it takes a  checked ego ,  open heart ,  courage , and  skillfulness  to...

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and...

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take h...