Skip to main content

We die, yes, but today we live!

This is the 3rd blog I've tried to publish in August. The inspiration and energetic push hasn't been there to finish them. I typically wait for the right energy to move through me to extend a message to you that is divinely timed and in season, and when the words aren't there, I trust that also.

But miraculously, this week, the words arrived for a new topic: fragility of life.

While there is no end to the striving in humans it seems
running, sitting, shopping, cleaning, driving, exercising, working, organizing, planning, typing, scrolling, controlling scrutinizing, reading, thinking, talking, changing, buying, craving, building, saving, doing, caring for, distracting, numbing, etc,
....isn't it also true that we often live our lives in a flash and in ignorance to our mortality until it is upon us? We tend to focus on the tasks and the day to day, with our hands and minds in the past or future. By the way, if you are wondering, I am no different as I sit with a long to do-list of dreams I wish to accomplish wondering how I will manifest them.

But something magical has been happening to me lately.... I have been sensing, tasting, and hearing the fragility of this life. Specifically, I've noticed the vulnerability in my body, and the time-limited form that has been given to me in this incarnation at a young 37. While fear was the first to wash over me like a direct hit, it gave way to a deep, incredible gratitude. A tear-shedding, knee-dropping, heart-widening, gratitude. Like BIG gratitude. I'm tumbling in the wake of this still and am now just standing up to put words to it.

You might be wondering what brought upon these feelings. I'll back up a little to give context. My work is to sit with folks in situations of confusion and suffering and help them find spiritual meaning and wisdom there. And this recent message has been coming to me on the wings of the clients I serve for quite some time. Shall I say instead, the clients who really serve me. This wisdom has flown in through the sacred space we share, blessed by the divine, as we exchange connection in individual sessions. Clients have been sharing about grief- loss of a loved one, partner, mother, job, health state, capacity, money or material state. Loss has really REALLY been a theme. And those conversations around acceptance have created an opening from heart to heart where pain turns into freedom by way of attention and care.

I often feel so lucky to witness that space with others. Their presence of grief and raw exposure to the experience of life, in all its pain, reveals to me the true courage found in our inheritance as humans. Bearing witness to shedding skin of previously closed hearts and burdens of karma, I have learned that people are just amazingly resilient. That they will stop at nothing to overcome. That there's a reservoir of resources within us that we only seem to access in deep suffering. Yet we don't have to wait until something happens to us to embody the magnificence found on the other side of pain, we can learn to watch the world around us and cultivate our unique invincibility. This zest is the reason for the new awakening inside me, and I believe this awareness is meant for sharing. Rather, it feels like a duty,

As I was getting out of my car today I watched my 2 year old son peek at me through the window of his school with his square face, hands pressed against the glass, curly blonde hair and radiant, full teeth smile.... I stood there for a minute in the parking lot to breathe in that moment before walking in. I sipped it in like it was given to me as a gift. And when I walked into his classroom, he ran toward me and I imagined it was happening in slow motion, with all my senses activated. I made a mental recording, so I could play that scene over again and again whenever I wanted. And as such, I realized that this precious moment with my son, on this day, in all its beauty and perfection, will come and go and that I will not pass this way again. With that awareness, my heart seemed to crave the experience of it even more.

Try this.. "breathing in, I recognize this moment is moving through me, breathing out, I accept that it is now gone."

The collision of simple and sweet moments with my family, and the heavy heart-opening moments shared with my clients have generated a type of earthquake in my perspective on life.... it's an absolute miracle. We are in this body, our soul that is, with a history of thousands of lifetimes, made inside of another human, yet with the legacy of rich ancestral wisdom, here to to do something only we can do, with the divine recipe inside of us. As in, you are unique and perfect- singing, loving, evolving and healing the world by shining your light and sharing your gifts. And that is is even more precious because it is time-limited. You will not pass this way again.

Our feet walk into possibility with every passing moment and there is no certainty other than the hard reality that this life has a stopping point.... the physical form withers and we get closer to the end of this body with every passing day. But we're not talking about that, unless it's from a place of fear (I'm scared to die) or obsession (I must eat right to live as long as possible). We should be talking about it more from a gratitude place, from a place of preciousness and succulence. Like, "I'm here, I made it, I'm going to tear it up, light it up, blaze this place with the special sauce that is me!" To fully immerse ourselves in this thing called life is what I'm talking about. To create, engage and lap up the nectar within our days. Why aren't we talking about that more? Why are we working towards #lifegoals and not savoring #lifemoments? Goals don't really fill us, they suit our ego, wallet and expectations. Goals are empty excuses for worth and distractions from what's really important...just being. I know that sounds crass, but how many things a day do you do that serve you on a soul level? How many of us are just caught 'in the grind'? Do your goals feed your serenity, happiness, life's work, passion or purpose? If they don't, it's about time they do. With every ticking moment of the clock, we pass by, spending time and energy on things that may not be in service of the work we came here to do. Let's get it untwisted.

I hope to spark the greatness you know is within with these words. To seek it, bathe in it, revel it, and soak it in fully. Remember, we take nothing with us into the next life that we can touch or keep, no score board of tasks. However, we do store our memories and perceptions of this life, which is why it's that much more important to give yourself a life well lived. If you've not always chosen bliss, if you've been sucked into hectic days, or if trauma as swept your slate clean... breathe into that too, and then allow it to shape the meaning and richness of you; like a magnificently ancient mosaic with secrets to tell. Choose again, choose wisely, choose joy. Be flexible and evolve. Layer life's dealings on top of what's already there with willingness. Really feel the inheritance of the God source working in you. It's never been outside of you, it is you.

I will leave you with this: consider the message from the beautiful song Aloha Ke Akua by Nahko and the Medicine People:

"What is the purpose and would you believe it?
Would you believe it. 
If you knew what you were for
And how you became so informed?
Bodies of info performing such miracles
I am a miracle made up of particles
And in this existence
I’ll stay persistent
And I’ll make a difference
And I will have lived it"

This life is fragile and precious. Wishing for you to lean into that awareness as well.

Learn more about the work that I'm in service of in this life with Rasa Healing, by meeting me in sacred space for an individual session, group session, event or retreat.

Jai!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f