Skip to main content

Welcome Back Friends!

It's been a while and I'm back. Hoping for all those souls that were interested in reading my blogs in the past remain connected to me as I embark on a new journey and phase of my life. I have noticed that my energetic bursts of creativity, are just that, sporadic and inspiration driven. My energies have been recently cultivating a grounded home base and nurturing the baby bud of new life in my son Cai. Therefore, the blog has taken a back seat. I have however, experienced the aching and longing for creative spiritual writing once again. I welcome your ideas on topics that you'd like me to explore by commenting on this post with your suggestions. Until then, I will follow my feet with the topics that are divinely given to me. Please remember to add your email address if you wish to be notified of new blog entries.

I can't think of a more appropriate time to reinstate the Rasa Files than on Christmas Eve. I have found myself tearing up to Christmas music in the car. There was a particular song on the radio today that mentioned that dreams are more possible this time of year and another, I took note, reinforced the power of believing in magic. It seems that family, connection, love and peace are profound messages right now. I wish though, that billboards on streets said "Peace on Earth" more than just during the holiday season. I believe in the power of collective energy and I can't help but beam as a result of the positive boost from the collective sensation of warmth and togetherness. I imagine what our world could be like if everyone held the intention of love more than just during the holiday season. John Lennon would be proud.

Today, a man waiting at the deli counter in the supermarket wished me a Merry Christmas, smiled and almost skipped away. Earlier in the week a woman at a fast food restaurant paid for the 3 cars behind her at the drive through and the cashier was really excited to tell me about it. These things inspire me to be bigger and more than I am in this moment and apparently I'm not the only one. People everywhere go that little extra mile during the holidays; they are a tad less selfish, a little more giving, and happier. My hope is for all of us, to be this way more of the time. We shouldn't need the excuse of the holidays to be our best selves. Perhaps you are willing to think about ways and moments you can carry the energy of love throughout the year. Allow me to suggest some ways you can go about doing this:

Be more gracious than you think is necessary
Wave and smile at people you meet
Consider dancing in a public place
Calendar random acts of kindness so you challenge yourself to do them
Talk to strangers
Engage in self-care before you need it
Hug more
Make a plate of food for your neighbor
Tip big
Give the benefit of the doubt
Connect with your animal
Look into people's eyes
Bake for others
Spend time feeling the sensation of gratitude
Open your heart
Laugh
Forgive


Thank you for your patience, love, community and kindness. Wishing you a wonderful and kind-filled holiday and year.

Jai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and