Skip to main content

Revitalizing Your Personal Mission

Beautiful people, many blessings in the new year!!

I thought I would share my intentions with you. At my new job they encouraged us to write and share our personal mission statements in order to understand employees better. I, of course, found this exercise to be both enriching and educational. I know my values and my mission but I never took the time to list them out formally. As I began this process, I realized how powerful it was for me. I started to feel a warm and fuzzy feeling inside because I felt passionate about these values. Suddenly, having them on paper felt powerful for me. It made them real. I believe it's a good idea to ponder, grasp, convey and write out your values. In doing so, one can more readily access and remain on track with the current pulse and direction of life. For me, it's been helpful to remind myself of the things that I need to continue to work on and reinforce within my own personal healing. I see values as a map for happiness.

I challenge you to do the same. If you had to relay what you're "all about" and what your mission is, what would you say?

Below see my raw, uncut and vulnerable mission. I hope it inspires you to identify your own intentions for the new year. If we can stay true to our values, the tasks associated with those values will automatically unfold and manifest into our lives. This might be a better way to set goals for the new year rather than going at it the opposite way, which is to make a list of tasks we "should" do. I'd much rather stay aligned with my values versus tasks because value-less tasks have no leader or driving force.  My inspiration in my every day life comes from living my values and I've learned that living them, makes me so happy, which is what it's all about right? 

My Mission Statement
  
I am a healer. I am passionate about supporting the evolution and growth of individuals by nurturing them to bloom to their fullest potentials.

I believe in change. I am compassionate with all people, including myself, because I know that all people are divine, perfect, whole and worthy. I can see beyond a person’s behavior and I believe in their inherent goodness.

I value integrity. I honor all forms of communication and honest expression. I speak my truth to others with respect and love. I am mindful with intentions, thoughts, and words and am wholeheartedly interested in listening to the truths of others. I respect all truths even if they are not my own.

I vow not to judge. I recognize that pain is not personal and I give myself and others permission to make mistakes. I choose to embrace freedom without letting my mistakes define me. I lovingly teach this message to others by striving to internalize radical self-forgiveness.

I am patient and work towards selflessness. I understand that each person can choose their own destiny. I allow them to do so without internalizing their successes or challenges. I am honored to be part of the process of healing without attachment to outcome. I give myself the same respect and space.

I am passionate. I allow my joy and enthusiasm for community to shine. I share my passions and in turn, I encourage the dreams and aspirations of others by listening, learning, and mirroring unconditional positive regard.

I practice boldness. I believe in the responsibility, accountability and discipline of my craft. I allow my strengths to be expressed and I support the reinforcement of others’ gifts; even with the presence of fear and absence of certainty. I nurture the power, skill, intelligence and talents of others because I feel happy when people are at their best.

In everything I do, I will be guided by my values. I will make no apologies for them. I believe that my values and the values of others can co-exist naturally.  It is okay to be who we are. In doing so, I accept all people and situations as they are while simultaneously working towards healing by embodying it myself, and offering it to others with reverence, grace, peace and love.

And so it is.


 

 

Comments

  1. This is beyond extraordinary. There is so much authenticity, creativity and courage in this, Candice. Exceptional and very inspiring. Based on this, I think you must also be committed to self-care, as it allows you to deliver on your mission, and would love to hear more about that.

    I love your idea of a mission as a new years "resolution" better than task lists. Fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a message....How do you connect with this entry?

Popular posts from this blog

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on