Skip to main content

Protect Your Superpowers!

Energetic attachments can happen in many forms. One very common way this happens to nearly all of us is through energy dumping or pulling. We are subject to the slathering of energy and emotion discharged from our family, spouses, coworkers and friends. If we are in helping roles, or if we embody a care taking archetype, we are even more likely to take on others' stuff. This post, is about how to notice attachments in this form and what you can do to clear and shield yourself.

I know a lot about this subject because I am notorious for taking on things empathically. Empathy is the emotion center and psychic source of the feeling sense. When I watch a commercial, hear a difficult sorry, see an especially alarming movie, and/or witness any level of trauma...it seems to stick. I have developed greater insight into how this happens and have learned protection tools from teachers that have helped me to shed these attachments. While highly sensitive, I think my empathic skills are my super power so I can't just shut them down. My service in the world through Rasa Healing is all about heart healing, so in order to be fresh, available and vibrationally pure, it's critical I develop healthy ways to use my super power of empathy. If you too want to be open, loving and heart-centered but totally strong and grounded, you can. There is this magical place in the world called the powerful invincible love place, meet me there!

Here are some tips and feedback that you can also apply to your life so that you can be empathically vulnerable, fearless and totally protected...

Ways to shield yourself:
  • Invoke immediate awareness of separateness from the energy. You are not the energy, you are observing it.
  • Imagine protective light or energy 
  • Resist the temptation to move closer to it, just offer healthy space and presence.
  • Deep slow breaths where you imagine emotions and energy rolling downward like a waterfall in front of you.
  • Say no. That's right, no is a form of love and boundary-setting is the vehicle. Love yourself enough to say no to situations, tasks and people who attempt to drain you.
Signs you may have picked up energy:
  • Sudden onset of fatigue, irritability, anger, sadness, anxiety 
  • Sluggish feeling in your home 
  • Fear, unease and a sense of rawness
  • Thinking about previous people or situations with a sense of lingering
  • Out of character thoughts 
  • Disturbing nightmares
  • A feeling sense of being overwhelmed by many emotions
Ways to release energy attachments:
  • Earthing, getting bare feet into Gaia
  • Salty ocean swims or baths
  • Sage yourself and home
  • Singing bowl or mantra music
  • Chakra clearing meditations 
  • Sweat through exercise 
  • Protection and releasing prayers
  • Calling on your protector guides a/k/a your big guns
These tips are just a few, if you know of others, I would love to hear about them. In the Akasha, I often receive insight on protection tools appropriate and specific to the individual so if you haven't asked this question, I encourage you to do so in a future session with me.

On a last note, sometimes the idea of shielding and protecting can feel like people and situations are not safe. While it is true that some folks aim to dump energy onto you intentionally, in many cases,  it happens unconsciously. It helps to see the world and the beings in it as energy and that as such, we are seeking the light in the best way we know how. By not taking things personally, you can avoid energy attachments. So go ahead and walk around with confidence and consciousness. I encourage not to attach to others through fear or anger because that is just another door in which their energy gets invited into your experience. Be clear and grounded. Be connected but side-stepping of others' outputs.

If you like what you read here, check out my recent video on Youtube on how Love is the Answer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Avatars Among Us"

Dedicated to all the seekers at B.H. This one's for you... Every once and while we meet special people who change our lives and I have had the honor of meeting several. This blog is for those on the forefront of healing, bursting with a wide-eyed wonder, fearless in hope, and deeply committed to discovering and celebrating the inner divine light. I have been so blessed to know such seekers in my life thus far.  Ride on great warriors of healing, capture what belongs to you. Your energy beats within my being forevermore. You inspire my steps and give brightness to my smile. You are modern day avatars, walking among us, unaware of your brilliance. Accept your inheritance, great avatar! Stand tall! This blog is dedicated to you. Thank you for your courage.  Courage can be mysterious at certain times in our lives. We must have excellent focus to not lose it under the bed or at the bottom of a pile of paper somewhere. For courage is needed most when we cannot find it. Take heed f

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on