Skip to main content

Are Your Spirit Guides Talking To You?

 Help is out there! If you aren't feeling it, you just might need a little support in discerning it. 

The Akasha says that not everything is a sign from your spirit guides, but that everything is still feedback.
You might want to know how they differ and most importantly, how to tell? When we are spiritually seeking, we tend to look at everything like a major road sign telling us we're doing it right or wrong. But that's not actually the case...

Once my husband dropped and chipped a bowl he hand painted that had a lot of meaning to him, he immediately and desperately asked me "Oh no, tell me what this means, it must mean something bad?" And I said "it means you should hold on tighter to your plate the next time you get out of your chair." He gave me a really sarcastic look and carried on. This is a story I think of often when I talk to clients who ask me about "signs" they are seeing and wanting interpretation on, they insist, they must mean something. The truth is, the Akasha says that while the universe is a mystical, alive, manifestation magnet it isn't telling you what to do as much as it is giving you feedback on what/where/who you are. We forget that we are the power in our world and that our energetic sends frequencies into the cosmos which boomerang back to us, like karma, like the law of attraction.

Signs from your spiritual guides are different. These messages have a way of repeating themselves lovingly, almost miraculously, and obviously. They have no bearing on what you are attracting, but rather giving you guidance on your path. One can imagine how getting the two skewed can make for a confusing human experience. Let's say that you are feeling low and as a result you manifest or perceive your spiritual guides as giving you feedback that this is what you deserve. For example, you're always last in line, it rains when you wear your best outfit, you get a speeding ticket, etc. You know these people, maybe it's you, the folks who say "these things only happen to me, the universe is out to get me."  Unfortunately, we are misreading the situation. The world around us is showing up to reflect how we feel about ourselves and not that we deserve this treatment. 

Consider this: the universe can't deliver to us what we don't gift to ourselves first. This means that if you hold highly negative thoughts about yourself and what's possible, well then that's what you ordered from the spiritual drive-through window. None of the feedback that you are getting in the above examples are spirit guide communication, it's just information cluing you into a condition you are manifesting, internally or externally to take note of, and hopefully change. 

This comes up all the time in sessions with clients. They want to know how to tell the difference and what means what. The Akasha has a lot to say about that too. 

Here's my best list on how to tell if something is universal feedback or spirit guide communication:

Spirit guide communication with personal examples
  • Has a message of love, hope, inspiration. These messages are NEVER fear-based or threat-based. If a bear is chasing you, your spirit guides will jump in to guide you real time but they do not drop in to make you feel perpetually scared of making a life change. That's usually your past life trauma interfering. 
  • Often is repetitive, subtle and gentle
    • Every time, and I mean every time I ask my husband to massage my tight neck I hear this little interjecting voice that urges me "call that shamanic masseuse you know, she can help you feel better"
  • Can have a sensation of warmth or comfort in your heart and is never ominous or doom-like
  • Can manifest as a thought that rolls around in your head
  • Could be the guidance people are seeking from you or you find yourself teaching
    • Oh how often I share a channeled transmission to a client in the Akashic Record and simultaneously feel them saying "that's for you too sister."
  • Might inspire you to take a risk, opportunity, or a change that's aligned with your dreams
  • May have a presentation of obviousness 
    • Once I was driving my car home from work and the radio changed the channel on its own to a song I'd never heard before from the 90's and it was 2016. The chorus of the song played over and over vibrating in my soul "it's not going to stop, until you wise up." At the time I really wanted to quit my very stressful full time job but I was too scared. 
  • Might show up internally as a thought, feeling, dream, sensation
  • Might show up externally as a symbol, animal, feather, coin, song, or the words of others 
    • When I was trying to decide if I should go away for a 3 month work exchange at a yoga center I literally ran into a real Buddhist monk in full garb at the grocery store while I was walking aimlessly and daydreaming about what to do. As we both turned the corner and nearly collided, he smiled at me and said unsolicited "your spirit is bright and joyful, remember to do more things that inspire that in you." I booked my ticket the following week and gave notice at my job to leave. That work exchange at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health changed by whole life. Thank goodness I listened to that very direct, unexpected, loving message.
Universal feedback
  • If you're feeling wonderful or terrible you will experience magnetic matching external events. For example, leaving the house late, angry and rushed and run into heavy traffic forcing you to slow down even more and cope with the energy you are. This happens a lot to folks in everyday moments like stumped toes or finger cuts...sure universal feedback to slow down. Another example of this is fearing or worrying about everything and manifesting delayed flights, bad luck or things not going your way. Again, you are creating your reality here.
  • Experiencing a collective, systemic event that you're grouped into. For example, COVID arriving is not a specific sign from spirit guides that your business isn't going to make it. This is a global event that has cosmic and collective implications. Don't personalize it, just receive, and look for the message that might be meant for you.
  • Observing others' universal feedback and spirit guide messaging is not yours to hold. Yes we might witness another person's moment, but we don't need to make it our moment. For example, I was leaving the grocery store with my son last year and right in front of us we saw an elderly woman slip and fall and break her nose. I have little tolerance for blood (I tend to faint when I see it) but of course I ran over, got on the floor, and helped her to stop the bleeding. It shook me up but I knew this wasn't a message from my guides that I should be a nurse or doctor. It was just an opportunity to serve and help, even if it was uncomfortable, that is all, nothing more.  
Lastly, here's how to cultivate greater spiritual connection with your guides and teachers:
  • Take silent time or meditation to shut down your senses and receive. Every time I go for a mindless drive, sit in the sun on my driveway or close my eyes, the guidance and inspiration show up. 
  • Engage in more prayer. Try this technique called Divine Love Petition
  • Journal questions and reflections about your current life experience. Go back to it and see what's been answered.
  • See the signs, not feedback, but the signs that are lovingly and ever so present, now

Aho! Thank you for reading this piece. Learn more about my work in the world- individual sessions, workshops, seminars, courses HERE 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished...

...That will be the beginning." --Louis L' Amour Endings are merely new beginnings within the same circle of lessons only with higher vibrations. My life experiences have led me to greater levels of awareness and insight into the limitless, divine powers in my being. Shifting and changes are the avenues that lead to the path of my destiny. Sometimes however, I see these roads as scary. I know though that the challenges I experience are human in nature and exist as fear of losing and letting go. Why can't I be a Buddha everyday? The human experience is funny like that, in how we grasp and hold onto matters no longer meant for us. It's like a tug of war with spirit. We are afraid of loss. When we hold tight, life becomes more challenging. The exhaustion that comes from enduring a difficult life experience undoubtedly gives way to a serenity at some point. We have no choice but to surrender. A cycle is complete, a lesson learned, a loss gaping, a tired soul. Must we on

Authenticity: Fearlessness in the Showing

Firstly, apologies for the length of time between this post and my last. I am in the midst of change and allowing the wind to blow me to new places. I am not yet skillful enough to balance shifts immediately. It takes me some time to adjust to homeostasis again and I'm not so sure I am at ease more than I'm attempting to be steady in a rocking boat. I know this to be true because I'm meditating more, turning to spirit for answers more often these days and eating more chocolate cake. I have been moved to a more demanding new program in my company and I'm gearing up to move my home at the end of this month. I feel like I'm in a snow globe. Thank you for your patience. I have not forgotten the blog and its sacred purpose. I was flipping through "The Book of Secrets" by Deepok Chopra and was incredibly inspired by the concept of being fully authentic in oneself. For me, this has always been somewhat of a healthy challenge. I strive to allow the light to shin

Synchronicity and Divine Timing is where it's at!

So I am not someone who believes that the world revolves haphazardly around the cosmos with no rhyme or reason; that all events that happen are coincidental, unrelated and compartmentalized. I believe the exact opposite. In fact, I believe everything is purposeful and happening exactly when it should. I work with others on accepting this reality and divine law although it appears to be one of the most contested spiritual philosophies. If I received a dime for every time I heard "I'm not supposed to be here right now," I'd be living in the mountains in India owning the most fancy temple money could buy. Any of these other statements, sound familiar? "This or that event shouldn't have happened to me," or "I wish I could be somewhere else in my life right now," or "Why am I stuck?" There are many variations of these statements but in essence they are all underlying a very chronic human misconception: the inability to understand and